Stephanie Baril is a Senior Counsel in the Los Angeles office of Adams Silva & McNally. Her practice focuses on a wide variety of legal issues, including special education, labor and employment, student discipline issues, and governance. Ms. Baril has extensive experience in education law, particularly in the areas of special education and litigation.
In addition to representing school districts before the Office of Administrative Hearings, Ms. Baril has defended school districts in state and federal court in cases involving petitions for writs of mandamus, employment discrimination, bullying, sexual misconduct, personal injury, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Ms. Baril also has significant experience representing school districts in appellate matters and has argued two special education appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Prior to practicing education law, Ms. Baril represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation matters. Before becoming a lawyer, Ms. Baril was a research associate for a small biotechnology company that studied genetically modified crops.
- University of San Diego School of Law (Juris Doctor)
- University of California, Santa Barbara (Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences)
- California State Bar
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit